Use + Care
All masks are hand-made in downtown Toronto with great care and attention.
These masks are *not* medical grade. While wearing a mask is highly recommended to help prevent the spread of illness or infection, these masks should not be worn:
- In any surgical setting or where significant exposure to liquid, bodily, or other hazardous fluids may be expected;
- In a clinical setting where the infection risks level through inhalation exposure is high;
- In the presence of a high intensity heat source or flammable gas
CARE + LAUNDERING INSTRUCTIONS:
After receiving your mask, it is advised to wash first before wearing.
**Do not repeatedly bend and unbend the flat metal wire in the bridge of the mask - this may lead to breakage. Small adjustments and flexing is fine but the nature of the metal is such that it will break if it undergoes sharp bending.
**Certain masks must NOT be washed in a machine. Please observe specific instructions within product descriptions.
- Wash your hands before and after touching the mask.
- Avoid touching the mask while you are using it.
- Wash it often/after every use.
**Wash dark and light colours separately to avoid transference of any dyes.
For general washing:
- I boil my mask for 5-10 minutes (boil the water first, and then put the masks in and keep it boiling).
- You can wash with detergent and hot water - hand washing suggested.
- If machine washing, please use a mesh bag (typically used for washing lingerie or nylons) to prevent the ties and elastics from getting tangled in the wash.
For washing printed fabrics + silks:
- Hand wash in cool water with a mild detergent.
- Avoid rubbing the fabric to prevent fading of the print.
**If you put a filter layer in your mask - don’t forget to throw it away before washing!
- Hang dry/lay flat to dry recommended to preserve the life of the mask.
- Gently squeeze out excess water and hang to dry.
- Try to reshape the mask when you hang it so it dries with less wrinkles.
- Use an iron or steamer to smooth the mask further if desired, or to reform any pleats.
- Do not iron any elastics as they may melt.